Late Night Stories*

*by Hung Tran

Hung Tran is one of those people who are very dear to me :) We happen to share pretty similar taste in music, arts, films, and things (although it'd be bad of me not to mention that his taste is so much better than mine). He created this beautiful mix which I loved from the first listen, hence me asking his permission to share with all of you. Have a great weekend! 


Two weeks ago I read (and finished) Haruki Murakami's After Dark and found myself falling totally in love with its nocturnal/ surreal/ cinematic atmosphere. Inevitably came the idea of recreating that atmosphere using music; or put it this way: if one day David Lynch knocked on my door and asked me (which would never happen, I know) to choose some music to go with his film adaptation of After Dark, these are the songs I'd give him.

The mix was also made in a way that closely resembles the novel, alternating between bizarreness and calm (with a somewhat peaceful ending). 



Photo by Hikaru Inoue

A pretty spot-on review for those who want to find out more about After Dark.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have a listen right now! Thank you for sharing this x

A.P. said...

You rock!!!!!!!!! Murakami is one of my favourite authors too!

Anonymous said...

This mix is seriously good. Hung, you should be music composer (or whatever they call that job) for films. Very atmospheric.

April said...

I have been listening to yesterday, and I quite enjoyed it!!

Hung - thanks so much for sharing with us!

Unknown said...

I love this.. beautiful mix!

H.Tran said...

hello, Hung Tran here :-), thanks everyone for taking the time to listen to my mix, much appreciated! and special thanks to Hien for posting it on her blog.

@anonymous (whoever you are): not sure about composing ('cause my composing skills are still pretty weak) but yeah, I'd love to be a music supervisor for films some day.

Post a Comment